The Scorpio Thoughts

Monday, February 09, 2009

Europe Trip

I finally made a trip to Europe, have been hoping to make this visit since NUS days, and well, dreams come true. :)
First stop - Rome. Never though a city could be so historical, staring at the complexity of Colosseum, I suddenly realised that my passion for architecture is still there, the days of architecture in NUS was so fun.
Next stop - Florenz. Rained the whole day and I think i've walked 10km! Nice churches and relics.
Moving on, it was Venice. The whole city is simply beautiful, the scent of art fills up every corner. Glass ornamanets, ceramic masks, paintings, everything is just so... hmm... sensational. And yes, that short Gondola ride cost 30euros!
Last city in Italy was Milan, the fashion city. Did some shopping at Gucci & Prada, heaven!
Across the borders, we travelled to Interlaken, a small town in Switzerland. The scenery along the way was captivating, lakes, valleys and cottages in snow, my face was glued to the window throughout the coach ride.
Ventured to mount Titlis and the weather was kinda cold but i enjoyed it. Next to Lucent, where i bought my first Tag Heuer which was supposedly done 2 years ago.
We continued with an eight hours ride to Paris, the fashion city of France. Went on a night city boat ride, the nite-lighted Paris was really really a wahhhhhhhh. The illuminated Eiffel tower was magnificent. It snowed the very next day, and day tour was kinda tiring due to a lot of walking. Visited the largest LV shop i ever saw, 3 storeys! Did some shopping at Zara and Swaroski. I felt so broke after that.

Well, so much for trip. Touched down on the 4th and met my buddies on the 5th. And yes, i almost forgot, 5th Feb, it was supposed to be the anniversary, and I should be in Hongkong. Oh well, you lose some, you gain some. A Europe trip in exchange for a Hongkong trip, quite worth it mah. Haha, but then again, what i've lost is actually much more. Though i still feel lost at times, i'm glad that I perfectly fine now.

Throughout the 12 days trip, I did some soul searching and self reflection. Realised that my life is kinda messed up and no direction at all. I lost track of what actually makes me happy and what do I want in life. Am I blindly working for money and getting into a relationship just for the sake of companionship? I guess I am. Pathetic? maybe a little.

Rested for the weekend and back to work again on a blue Monday. Don't know why but my mood was kinda lousy for the whole day. Came home and played the piano for almost 2 hours. Played my favourite Canon in D in C key with a few mutated styles and found it quite fun. Keke. And while i was playing Ked's favourite 可惜不是你, i realised that I had a listener lurking outside my door, trying to listen but too shy to be seen. I ignored him anyway. And yes, that 2 love birds must be so busy dating that they totally forgot about their piano lessons. Hrmph!

Was repeatedly listening to this song 笨蛋 by Jin Sha when i was in Europe. That's what touching songs do: relate your feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home