The Scorpio Thoughts

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

7th Aug

Felt so weighed down today. Was supposed to meet elf for high tea at 3pm, at 250pm, i called him to meet at Bugis instead as i suddenly felt like visiting the temple to pray. 254pm, i received sms from dawn saying that his mum passed away. I stunned for a few seconds, stopped my car at the roadside. Continued driving again, on my way along nicoll highway, i thought of the times i met this lady, tears fell.

I never knew her name actually, I only know she's Mrs. Ng, Alvin's dearest mummy. We spoke less than ten sentences. When i first heard about her in January, she's already a cancer patient. She was a brave lady, struggling with cancer till her last breath on 7th August 2006. I had heard her scolding Alvin through the phone, I have heard her calling out for him while talking to him on the phone. I've seen her pictures, smiling happily with her sons. I finally met her in April when i took JenJen to the vet. She had the kind smile, and exceptional tone which seems like we have known for very long.

I prayed at the temple. 2 months ago, I was praying at the same place for 7 days, asking for her good health. 2 months later, I'm at the temple grieving over her departure. I wondered whether it was buddha who made me come. Though i wasn't really part of her life, her story did fill in mine at this period of my life. She's proud to have a fillial son, a son who never fails to care and protect her, whom she brags about in church. He has dedicated all his time and energy for his dearest mummy, and strived hard to keep her going on. He touched my heart. My deepest consolence to you, 小猴子.

Let's observe a moment of silence for this strong-willed madam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home